Are you currently teaching overseas?
We love hearing from teachers who start new lives in international schools and we also love to read about their experiences.
Teaching overseas stories help others learn from mistakes and benefit from recommendations.
Here are a few teachers who share their experiences
- Alyssha, a past Search Associates candidate, describes making her decision to move overseas and her research into the various companies that could help get her journey started.
- Kristen found her job at the Melbourne job fair and was one of the first teachers at Stonehill international school in Bangalore. Read her blog here.
- Tracy Olorenshaw left a fantastic job in New Zealand to embark upon her African adventure with her husband Olly, opening their eyes to a world of differences and the fact that kids are kids wherever you go.
- Phyllis Schlich writes, “I was looking for help to fulfill a dream I had of teaching abroad AFTER my public school career ended. Thanks to help and guidance from Search Associates I am teaching at Enka School Istanbul. Not only teaching but teaching what I love – IB English. Even with the Coronavirus pandemic forcing us online, it has been the experience I wanted. Check out her blog US teacher in Turkey
- Read about 5 educators and their experiences teaching in the time of COVID-19
In this short video, Chris and Mick Green talk about their 30-year stint teaching in international schools.
If you write a blog we would love to share your story! Or, if you know of one that would be beneficial to teachers starting their overseas journey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find many more stories about our candidates and their experiences teaching overseas.
To check out our journey from new international teachers to helping teachers do what we did, click here.