Screening international schools yourself
It is essential to do thorough research on any potential employer, especially when seeking a job overseas.
How do you find reliable, trustworthy information about international schools on the Internet?
We suggest you check the following to get a thorough understanding of a school –
- Does a recognized educational organization, such as the Council of International Schools (CIS) or the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO), accredit the school?
- Read reviews and testimonials from current and former staff members and students to get a better sense of the school’s culture, values, and working environment.
- Check the school’s website and social media pages to learn more about its programs, philosophy, and educational approach.
- Speak with the administration and staff members directly to ask any questions you may have, and to get a sense of the school’s atmosphere and working conditions.
- Attending job fairs is a great way to meet representatives from international schools and learn more about their programs and employment opportunities.
- Join professional networks for international educators to connect with other professionals in the field. These networks often have discussion forums where members can exchange information and advice about working in international education.
- Many countries have government websites that provide information about schools
By doing your due diligence and thoroughly researching potential employers, you can make an informed decision and ensure that you work for a reliable and reputable international school.
Why we screen international schools for you
At Search Associates, we aim to do some of the leg work for you. It’s our mission to partner with “Quality International Schools and Exceptional Educators to Serve and Enrich Learning Worldwide”.
Our business model is highly dependent on word-of-mouth and repeat business. We are committed to making sure that all of our educators are happy and satisfied with the services they receive. With that in mind, we have a rigorous screening process in place, that does the hard work for you!
How Search Associates screens schools
We aim for quality over quantity.
Click here to find out what schools need to do to be accepted as a Search Associates member school.
We decline nearly 50% of new school applications that seek membership each year. Simply, because they do not meet our standards and most importantly, would not meet yours.
One way we do this is to contact teachers currently working at the school to gather up-to-date, confidential feedback.
Each year the schools verify the information they upload to their profile.
The schools we work with have all been verified by an external accreditation source. These measure the school’s performance on clear standards. You can find out which independent body has approved the schools we work with on each school profile.
We encourage our candidates to stay in touch with us and let us know how things are going at their school once they arrive. If they run into any major issues or problems and need advice or a sounding board, we are there to listen.
Our experienced associates are available to answer any questions that our candidates may have about specific schools or locations. By partnering with Search Associates, educators can have confidence that they are applying to quality, reputable international schools that are committed to providing a supportive and rewarding work environment.
Start your journey overseas with confidence!